ATMs are very convenient, but they can endanger your safety, if you are not careful. The robber is looking for easy prey only to track ATM with little traffic, dimly lit area and bide his time. As with all categories of thefts are on the rise across the country, we offer these tips for the security of ATMs, which will help you protect yourself and your life.
- Remember, ATM theft can happen in two ways – unauthorized withdrawals from the accounts or the physical theft of cash, as the person completes a transaction.
- Most bank ATM robberies occur at night from 20:00 until midnight, when the machine only produces 15% of the daily operations. Between 20:00 and 3am, the ATMs handle only 11% of the total number of daily operations, but suffer 65% of crimes.
- As always remember about your surroundings. Do not select an ATM at the corner of the building – the corners create a blind spot. For automated banking activities in public places, well-lit, high traffic locations, that is free of shrubs and decorative partitions or dividers.
- Do not use an ATM that appears unusual looking or offers options that are not familiar or comfortable with. There are machines that thieves get stuck on top of ATMs called skimmers to steal banking information.
- When using the drive-up ATM, keep your engine running, locked the door and leave enough space to maneuver between your vehicle and the one ahead of you in the car line
- When using the drive-up ATM, keep your doors and windows locked, until you are ready to use the machine, Keep cash, checks or money bags out of sight until you are ready for your transaction.
Download ATM Card PNG images transparent gallery.