When many people picture a parrot in their mind, they immediately think mainly green bird with red wings, who are familiar with them from pirated movies or from zoo. Parrots comes in many different colors, however, including red, orange and blue colors. Parrots are wonderful pets and are very unique in some regions of the world.
Here are five little-known facts about parrots.
1. Though parrots are found mainly in South America, Southeast Asia and the South Pacific, there is only one continent, where parrots are not recognized as human wild Antarctica, of course.
2. The most popular parrot is a Budgerigar pet.
3. One of the attributes that make the parrots so popular is their ability to mimic the human voice.
4. The Smallest type of parrot is Buff Faced Pygmy Parrot. It is measured by the average length of a little over 3.1 inches and a weight of about one-third of an ounce.
5. The longest parrot is Hyacinth Macaw. This beautiful bird is regularly grow to be more than three feet in length. The heaviest parrot is Kakapo, which can weigh as much as nine pounds.
There’s nothing quite like a parrot for a pet.
Download Parrot PNG images transparent gallery.