Volleyball is a unique sport with an impressive history. This is one of the few team sports invented in the United States – along with baseball and basketball. Here are 8 volleyball facts you need to know:
1. The game of volleyball was invented in 1895 by William G. Morgan.
2. The first world championships were held in 1949 for men and 1952 for women.
3. Volleyball first introduced as an Olympic sport in 1964.
4. Most volleyball players jump about 300 times per game.
5. Volleyball has taken some of its characteristics from tennis and handball.
6. The first two-man beach game was played in 1930.
7. Volleyball was named mintonette at first, but later was changed to volleyball.
8. The first ball is specially designed sport was created in 1900.
Download Volleyball PNG images transparent gallery.